Eight Great Tips For The Adventure Traveler
1. Embrace the place. Be sure to explore around the corners, go into the one of kind shops and meet the locals. Find out where the towns folk go for coffee and the newspaper in the morning and join them. DON'T have breakfast at the hotel.
2. Plan a trip with a theme and find an expert in that field to give you advise. For example an archeology trip, a wildlife safari, or a trip to discover local pottery and fabrics.
3. Read books written by authors from your destination. Go to a lecture on the country
4. Learn some language. Just knowing a greeting or two will endear you to the hearts of the people.
5. Pack lightly. Too much luggage will make or break your trip— and your back. Remember when you could get everything in a backpack? Check www.llbean for their travel clothes. Pack things that don't need ironing and can be hand washed.
6. Take a small digital camera. It's worth the investment. No film to buy or worry about and when you get home you can sort it all out on computer and make a great presentation for family and friends. Adobe and Fuji can help you get started.
7. www.hobotraveler.com has some fun ideas for the traveler who always wanders away from the tour group
8. Before you go, find a group or club with a similar dream – and get some like-minded travelers to go with you. How about a group of white-water rafters who have always wanted to raft the Nile? A shared experience multiplies the joy.
For information on travel adventures of the heart, visit www.negstusa.com
- News Canada
News Canada provides a wide selection of current, ready-to-use copyright free news stories and ideas for Television, Print, Radio, and the Web.
News Canada is a niche service in public relations, offering access to print, radio, television, and now the Internet media, with ready-to-use, editorial "fill" items. Monitoring and analysis are two more of our primary services. The service supplies access to the national media for marketers in the private, the public, and the not-for-profit sectors. Your corporate and product news, consumer tips and information are packaged in a variety of ready-to-use formats and are made available to every Canadian media organization including weekly and daily newspapers, cable and commercial television stations, radio stations, as well as the Web sites Canadians visit most often. Visit News Canada and learn more about the NC services.
Health Information for Travelers to Central America
This article will detail some of the health concerns that travelers to Central America and Argentina should be aware of, and prepared for in advance. Vaccines Depending on your age, sex, health history, and exactly where you plan on going, your...
Health Insurance for Canada Travel
While we as U.S. residents think often about travel insurance coverage when we're traveling overseas we're not so quick to worry about health insurance for Canada travel. This is especially true if our voyage to Canadian provinces is by car and not...
HeroVacations.com Adds Numerous Golf & Travel Packages to Web Site
HeroVacatons.com has recently added an extensive array of golf and travel packages to its Web site. There are numerous destinations and packages from which to choose. Orlando, FL (PRWEB) May 9, 2005 -- HeroVacations.com, a Web site that serves the...
Hilton Head Island Travel Guide
Hilton Head Island Travel Guide By Jeff Palmer Hilton Head Island was the first ecologically-planned destination in The United States. Light pollution ordinances are in effect across the island to protect the habits of the loggerhead turtles which...
History of travel luggage: From the beginning to today!
Travel luggage is an important part of every traveler’s wardrobe. There are various luggage models, sizes, styles, colors, materials and prices associated with the luggage currently on the market. There are even vintage and collectible luggage...
Holland Travel - Amsterdam, Van Gogh, Anne Frank
Holland certainly has a reputation with travelers. Known for having a very liberal attitude on social issues such as prostitution and drugs, the reputation is not always deserved. Yes, marijuana and prostitution is legal, but there is so much more...
Home Travel Agent: Will I Be Able To Live On My Home-Based Travel Agent Salary?
Does travel to places like Fiji, Rome, Italy, Hong Kong, Bora Bora, Paris, London, and Australia sound like something you want to do? Would you like to stroll on secluded beaches, dine in quaint little restaurants, or wander around in ancient...
House Sitters Are Coming to the Rescue of Many Travellers
Everyone seems to have accepted the fact that the days of leaving
your door unlocked are over. The rise of crime is affecting
everyone, not just those who live in the larger cities. In fact,
homes in rural areas are being targeted like never...